Tuesday, August 25, 2015

40 Years

These two cuties have been married for 40 years guys! I can't believe it! 


They are such a great example of a loving, fun, and steadfast marriage. I'm so happy they are my parents and wish them many more happy years! Seriously they are so fun together. I think every time I visit them they are planning their next trip, usually to Hawaii. 

I love hearing them talk about their, albeit very short, courtship. They dated for about 6 weeks before they got engaged. They met on a blind date at Texas Tech. My mom was out of state and my dad was a hometown boy. My dad was late and my mom said she had a zit that felt like a unicorn horn. But clearly it still went well! My dad said he went to visit my mom's family in DC and he said he wanted to walk through those doors for the rest of his life. There is so much love between the families that I sometimes can't believe how blessed I am to be a part of it. 


I got to see them briefly on Sunday, their actual anniversary, while I was driving through town. They were at my sister Noelle's house painting a room for their second grandbaby! Seriously, my parents are grandparents now?! 

Happy Anniversary to the best parents a girl could ask for!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your parents! 40 years, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...