Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Book Club: Yes Please by Amy Poehler

{image}
Huge disclaimer here. I am a big Amy Poehler fan. I mean, SNL, Baby Mama, Mean Girls, Parks and Rec, Smart Girls, I love it all!

With that being said, I loved this book. Amy is so real and heartwarming it was awesome to see her childhood through her eyes and how she came to be the person she is. There were some pitfalls but she had a pretty picturesque childhood going into adulthood. I loved the chapters from Seth Myers and Mike Schur. She gives little bits of advise through out like Smart Girls which I love. It's like reading the diary of your cool young aunt or your wise big sister but you're allowed to read it.

She gives you behind the scenes glimpses of SNL, Parks, motherhood, and Tina. I honestly don't know if I would like this book if I wasn't a Poehler junkie. I also think she wrote this book during a very hard time in her life, two big moments are ending, Parks and her marriage to Arnett. I'm sure that had a huge impact on how she wrote what she did and what she chose to put in and leave out. As a fan I still love her and will watch Welcome to Sweden and waited with baited breath for Sisters.

So tell me, have you read Yes Please? Did you like it? Are you a Poehler fan? Let me know in the comments!

Marisa

4 comments:

  1. I love Amy, too! Her book is on my list of books to read soon :)

    xo, Laura
    http://brightandbeautifulblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's a great in-between-books-book. It's light and funny and easy to pick up.

      Delete
  2. i so want to read this! i love her and parks & rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, if you loved parks and rec I think you'll like her book! I really felt like I heard her voice throughout the whole book!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...