Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Update

Woo! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Like I said we went down to Charlotte to see our families and we had such a great time! We started out with dinner with my parents at New Zealand Cafe for sushi. My parents had never been before and Chris and I were totally shocked! We've been several times, and I think it's one of Chris' favorite places. Seriously awesome sushi, we shared a sushi boat we made ourselves and some poke - which they spell poki, most likely so Carolinian's will say it correctly. 

On Saturday we went over to Miss Heather Lee's for the most lovely brunch. 

She made us breakfast tacos with her awesome homemade tortillas, home fries and possibly the best fruit salad ever. Seriously, I'm a big proponent for not putting anything on a fruit salad but this dressing was amazing! I was like I would turn into a full on hummingbird so I can gobble it all up! She used this recipe from Pioneer Woman. I will definitely be making this in the future! 

After that Noelle and my mom and I went shopping like girls do and caught up and just had a great time together! Then Chris and I went and had some more Chinese food, this time with his parents at Baoding and watched the Duke V. UVA game! What a win! Thankfully we were in good company, it's always a little nerve wracking watching a Duke game in public since most people ARE NOT Duke fans. 

On Sunday we went to church and had our usual Sunday brunch at my parents house. Chris was pretty anxious to get back so we could help our friends with their Super Bowl party. We picked up a case of Kirkland light beer. Have you guys seen this at Costco? Just generic light beer? It's hilarious and not bad! We brought an app to share but it didn't hold a candle to all the bear meat we got to eat in so many different ways! 

We had so much fun play corn hole and trying to win our money back from our Superbowl Point Squares Game, Luckily we got out money back plus $1! I think we can all agree the best part of the game was...


and honestly I need a gif of the whole dance because the one knowing the dance and the other just like ughhh...this is what were supposed to do right? was just hilarious!


I hope you all had a great weekend! Let hope it went more like the right than the left...

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...