...it's Friday. This week has been a rough one.
1. I'd like to remember my neighbors as how they lived and not how they died. I wish I could forget the hatred in the world and whatever caused our neighbor to inflict so much pain on them and their families, and extinguish three lights that were just beginning to shine so brightly.
2. I wish the news would stop sensationalizing and twisting this story. I wish they would get out of our backyard, I wish they would stop trying to interview us when we walk our dog and go to work and school and use that time and resource to educate people. Use that energy to spread love and educate people that we are just that. People. We are all running the same race and it's not our place to end someones before they have finished running it.
3. I got this card in church a few weeks ago and I've been looking at it all week wishing I could have been a better neighbor to them, gotten to know them.
4. I'm grateful for all the texts and calls we got that night from friends and family making sure we were okay. Honestly I keep going from shock to crying. I can't believe this happened steps from our house.
5. I seriously can't stop thinking about them. How Deah and Yusor only got to be married for barely 2 months. How Razan had an amazing artistic future in front of her. How much good they were doing for the world and how they were working to better themselves. How I can't wait to see my parents and hold them even tighter. How I want to teach my future children to love unconditionally. How lucky I am that I'll get to have future children.
These are the ramblings I've had going through my head all week. I hope you hold your families tight this week and keep these three souls in your prayers.