Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Book Club: The Husband's Secret by: Liane Moriarty

This book had me hooked early on, the first chapter really captures your attention. This book is a story of three women and how their lives are connected in certain sad and twisted ways. There is Cecilia, who is super Type A, a mother of three, and runs a successful Tupperware party conglomerate. There is Rachel, a grandmother who is still trying to get over the murder of her daughter 20 years ago. And Tess who comes back to her hometown with her young son after learning some news about her husband.

{image}
At first I was a little confused jumping between the three stories but they have such strong characters I was able to remember easily who was who. This book gave me all the emotions. I swear every time I would read on the bus to work I would get teary eyed and when I read it before bed I would go "Chris OMG!". I don't want to give anything away, that's how good it was and how much I think you should read it!

I loved this tale from beginning to end. I really loved how she wrapped everything up in the end. It was all what could have been which is a concept I often think of. How the change of one small detail can change the course of your life. I think this would be a really great beach read, or just a great read in general! I highly recommend! I mean I told about three people right after I finished it they needed to read it, so if that doesn't say something I don't know what does.

I am have already put several of Liane Moriarty's books on my Christmas wishlist. I loved her style of writing, it was easy to read and engaging all the way through. I swear the more I like a book the less I want to write about it because I think you just need to read it to get the full impact of the book without any spoilers! Do you get that way about books?

Have you read The Husbands Secret? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...