Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Update!

I had a really great weekend! It all kicked off with a delicious dinner made by Mr. Chris. He made an amazing steak with baked potatoes and grilled asparagus. I was so stuffed I was mostly asleep when my parents came in. We caught up a little bit and then headed to bed. I had a serious food coma!

The next day I made Chris and my dad breakfast before heading out to Drake Landing. We invited our friend James to come with us too. I had a lot of fun reintroducing my dad to shooting clays and getting back in the groove myself. It has a really beautiful range and even on what looked like a busy day we only encountered one other pair on the range. 



Afterwards we got some lunch and rested and got ready for our dinner at Nana's with my mom. My mom had been at an art class all day so it was nice to be able to catch up with her while we got ready. Dinner was spectacular. I definitely think we'll keep it in the rotation for when guests come. I had the Cast Iron Roasted Maple Leaf Duck Breast over Creamy Pearled Barley and a Spinach/Ricotta Chili Relleno finished with Foie Gras Sauce and it was so good! My parents both got the Grilled C.A.B. Ribeye over Creamy Stone Ground Grits and Roasted Brussel Sprouts finished with Smoked Bacon Vodka Sauce and Chris got the Pan Roasted Coastal Grouper over Butter Bean Succotash with Sweet Corn and Roasted Peppers finished with NC White Shrimp Sauce. They even brought out a little birthday plate for me! It was really sweet! Again, I think we all went into food comas!

I made breakfast for everyone on Sunday and we had a leisurely morning, getting ready and packing up. After my parents left Chris and I moved all of our furniture around! It all looks so different now! We'll see how long this lasts but so far so good! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are all geared up for a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...