Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Chicken and Broccoli Pizza

I think I've mentioned this pizza before and I was horrified to find out I hadn't posted the recipe yet! I love this pizza, mostly because it's basically a whole meal on a pizza. I love to overfill my pizza with goodness!



Ingredients:

1 Roll of pizza crust
2 Lemons - (1) zested and (both) juiced
6 tablespoons Olive oil (separated)
3 cloves garlic - minced
2 heads broccoli - cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1 pound chicken - marinated in Italian dressing, grilled and cut into bite sized pieces
Approximately 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Approximately 1 cup Italian mixed cheeses
Approximately 1 cup Gouda or Gruyere cheese

Preheat oven to 400F.

I start by marinating the chicken, this isn't completely necessary but I like that bit of added flavor. Then I start to grill my chicken. In the mean time I start baking the broccoli a little bit. I wash and dry it then cover it with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon zest, juice of one lemon and a little salt. I bake that on 400F for about 10 minutes.

Then, I roll out the dough onto a baking sheet and forming to the edges. I mix one lemons worth of juice with the garlic and the remaining olive oil and brush that mixture on the crust and then bake the crust for about 8 minutes.

Usually the chicken is done by this point and I shred it to bite sized pieces, pull the broccoli and crust out of the oven.

Then I top! I start with a base of mozzarella, then add my chicken, then add on the mixed cheeses, add the broccoli, then top with the Gouda or Gruyere. Then I pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until your cheese is nice and toasted and it is ready to enjoy! I know it sounds like a ton of cheese and it is but I rarely use all of it.

Depending on the day I will add a little spicy garlic olive oil before I put everything else on there or if I have some pesto I'll add that too. Pizza is definitely something you can make you own and I just love this one and so does Mr. Chris! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...