Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Book Club: Dark Places by: Gillian Flynn

{image}
Guys, I frikin loved this book, I couldn't put it down! This came out a couple years before Gone Girl and even though I knew there had to be a twist I didn't see it coming and it wasn't what I expected.

This is a story about Libby Day and her life after her two sisters and mother were killed when she was 7 years old and testified against her 15 year old brother putting him in jail for life. 25 years later her brother Ben is still in jail and Libby is floundering in life. She clings to the money that people have sent her through the years after hearing her harrowing story. After finding out she is almost out of money she gets a chance to give more details of her case to people obsessed with the mystery for extra cash. After she joins the Kill Club she starts learning more details she didn't know as a child and reopens the case. Libby's search takes her all over the boarders of Missouri and Oklahoma. As she learns more details she finds herself running from a killer again.

Libby is like Amy in Gone Girl, super unlikable, but her story is so overflowing with juicy details that I just couldn't tear my eyes away from the page. I know I had read so many time jump books lately but I really loved this one, it was easy to follow even with time jumps and juggling characters.

This book is very dark, there is a lot of crude language, gruesome scenes and morbidity and I loved every minute of it. This book is going to be a movie too! I am so excited, however I have no idea how the people slated to be in it will be at becoming these insane dark characters. But if NPH can do it I know the talented actors that are up for these parts can!

Have you read Dark Places? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...