Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend Update

This weekend we remembered Chris' grandma. Chris' family came in from all over the east coast to say good bye. It was a very sweet service and of course it was good to see the family again. There were so many things I didn't know about her since I only knew her a short period of time and during that time she wasn't well. It was nice to hear all the things she did as a young woman. She was in Delta Delta Delta, I had already known that she had met her husband at Duke but I didn't know they were actually pretty close neighbors in New Jersey and their moms met, and knowing they both went to Duke, set them up! She was the president of her regions American Association of University Women, and was the mom to three boys. She lived to 98 and what a life she lead! 

We had Chris' family over for dinner that night and had a really nice time just chatting and hanging out together. 

We went over to a friends house to watch the tail end of the Kentucky game, I'm convinced that it was me putting on my UK Football shirt that turned it all around. I walked in, touchdown, turn around, what's that? one more touchdown. You're welcome UK fans. 

On Sunday we stayed pretty low key, taking Kona to the dogpark and getting chores done around the house. We ended the day with some delicious Coq Au Reisling. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...