Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Update

Ahh it feels good to be back! That hiatus was a bit longer than I would have wanted initially but it was worth it to be my brain together after my extremely long weekend that held no relaxation! This past weekend however was very relaxing!

Chris and I went home to Charlotte so Dr. Chris could help out with the free dental clinic at the Charlotte Convention Center. His shift was 6a-6p so I didn't get to see too much of him! But that gave me an opportunity to hang out with my mom one on one. We took advantage of the Bank of America Museums on Us weekend. If you hold a Bank of America card and go to certain museums you get in free! We went to the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art and the Mint Uptown. I hadn't been in the Bechtler since it opened or the Uptown Mint since it moved and got to see the Chihuly installation be assembled. I'm glad we got to go for free since the main floor for the Bechtler was closed due to changing the installations! There were only about 20 pieces to look at! Thankfully the Mint is right next to it and we just walked on over and enjoyed a lot of really wonderful art. My mom and I had some really deep and great conversations about different kinds of art and how it makes you feel and what makes you love a piece. There were several we had to just laugh at because the execution seemed so poor that it looked like it had been restored by the lady that did the Ecce Homo

A couple of my favorite pieces were Being By Agnes Pelton and Turquoise Inside Yellow by Eric Freeman. 
 Don't worry, I was allowed to take these pictures, just with no flash which is why they aren't as pretty as they are in real life. 
It kind of a shame how it just doesn't translate through a computer screen. I guess you'll just have to go look at them in person! 

We both loved Robert Henri's Mary Agnes
{image}
We also loved Danny Lane's Threshold installation. 
{image}
We were both ready to take it home! I'm actually really sad these have absolutely no translation to my screen. Even Mary Agnes, however interesting and pretty she is is nothing compared to what she is like in person. Looking at these now they look cheesy and cheap. Heartbreaking. 

Well, I'm glad to be back and I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...