Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Update: The Clean out

Whew! This actually felt like a long weekend! I really needed it too! Chris and I took it easy on Friday and I worked all day Saturday cleaning our kitchen. Obviously I took a lot of breaks because we have a teeny tiny kitchen but it is exhausting! I feel like it looks at least a little bit better than it was. I mostly did deep cleaning so nothing too obvious. I have been trying to come up with creative ways to make it all look a little bit better. I'm thinking I may have to order some movable wallpaper decals to cover the hideous faux finish we have. Maybe this guy?
{image}
The really bad part is our cabinets. They are terrible. But there is no way we would do anything to those since we only plan on being here a couple more years. But I will say one of those wood stain pens made all the difference on some of my pulls. Thanks Mom!

On Sunday Chris went to the Wakeboard Park and I took Kona on a very long walk, ran a bunch of errands and picked up our ottoman!
{yawn}
Chris is very excited to finally have something I'll allow him to put his feet on. I'm sorry but I just can't bear having feet on my beautiful table! 
{image}

So I took advantage of the 15% Upholstery Sale and got this guy for our living room. 
{image}
We may have to get two just for added 'seating' and storage. 

Now that I'm older I'm finally finding it fun to shop for a home. I know we'll only be here a few years but everything we get now will go into our future 'grownup' home. My, how times change!

We ended the weekend with probably one of my favorite pizza's. Which, ummm, I have never posted about? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?! Well, next time I'll have to remember to document because I love this pizza! And it must be shared!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...