Thursday, September 25, 2014

Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Dip

I know I have spoken about this dip at least once before. But I don't think I gave it enough cred for how good it is! I found Spoon Fork Bacon right when it first started and I made a lot of their first recipes and they have just gotten better and better over the years! But I come back to this dip a lot because it is SO irresistible! I think  I was the only person yesterday to come home with a clean bowl! We had a potluck lunch yesterday at work and sometimes I really dread coming up with something to make but this is so easy and totally worth it that it has become a go-to when I can't think of anything else to make! I usually just serve it with either pita chips or toasted crustinis. 
{image}
Artichoke and Roasted Garlic Dip

Ingredients:
1 head garlic, top sliced off
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 c light mayonnaise
½ cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons hot sauce
2 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
topping:
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the head of garlic onto a small piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Loosely wrap the foil around the garlic and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the garlic cloves have softened completely and slightly browned. While the garlic is roasting combine all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix your topping ingredients in a separate, small bowl. Once the garlic is ready squeeze the clove into your serving bowl and discard the peel. Be careful, it will be VERY hot! But it should separate really easily. Mash the cloves into a paste and stir in the remaining dip ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until fully incorporated. Sprinkle topping ingredients on top of your mixture in your ramekin and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with your dipping vehicle of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...