Monday, August 4, 2014

What to Wear: Sorority Recruitment Round One

After seeing this I knew I had to do a post on Recruitment! Or a whole week, you might call it Greek Week! I was in a sorority in college and I loved it. I was totally not someone you would picture joining a sorority but I really wanted to not just bro out throughout my four years of college. I had like 2 girlfriends and wanted that girl power and friendship that a sorority promises. While I can't advise you on which sorority your heart leads you to I can help with what you should wear!
Now, every university has their own set of rules. When I went through recruitment we made our own name tags, (I still have the one I made) and we could wear pretty much whatever we wanted, we had some guidelines which, remain the same. Through the years Potential New Members were not longer made their own name tags, and eventually had to wear the same tee shirt for the first round. As always, you should abide by your university rules but if you have a little freedom you will want to take that and make sure whatever you choose reflects who you are. Remember to just be yourself through this process, they want you for you, not the person you can pretend to be. Wear something that really represents you. I know its what on the inside that counts but you want that represented on the outside as well. You want to be remembered for the right things. The girl with the amazing red lipstick that drove across the country this summer! The girl wearing that cool necklace who speaks three languages! That girl wearing that perfect chambray who I just clicked with! Sometimes names are hard to remember but if something sets you apart from everyone else you will be remembered for all the right reasons. People will forget the awesome things about you if they are distracted by your too short skirt or your peek-a-boo bra.
 {Top Row: 1, 2, 3, 4; Middle Row: 1, 2, 3, 4; Bottom Row: 1, 2, 3, 4}
{Top Row: 1, 2, 3, 4; Second Row: 1, 2; Third Row: 1, 2, 3, 4; Fourth Row: 1, 2, 3, 4}
Being a painfully shy person before this process actually helped me come out of my shell and I got to show all these women who I was. They helped me grow as a person and really pushed me to become a well rounded woman. That's something I don't know if I could have gotten anywhere else, I gained a ton of confidence and I'm proud to be a sorority woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...