Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Update: Parents Weekend


After a long week at work I got to hang out with my parents! That may not be everyone's ideal but my parents are pretty awesome and I got them all to myself since Mr. Chris was going out on a Bro-cation in Asheville. I had pretty much completely cleaned our house the week before so while I waited I prepped a breakfast casserole and made a strawberry cobbler. They got in pretty late so we mostly just caught up and hung out and went to bed. 
The next day we headed out to look for furniture for our apartment. We have been lacking a nice chair in our living room and I just didn't even know the first place to look. Actually I did, but a place that I could maybe even try to afford! We walked around Furniture Market in Raleigh and Green Front Interiors. Furniture shopping is exhausting! Constantly getting up and down from extremely comfortable sofas to what might as well be an anvil really takes a toll! We decided it was to for a refresher and headed to CowFish and split the Seared Sesame Tuna, Volcanic Roll, and the Tasmanian Devil Roll. My mom and I also enjoyed really good glasses of wine, I got the Acrobat Pinot Gris and she got the Kris Pinot Grisio. 

 We then went on to South Point to check out West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Renovation Hardware and Pottery Barn. Whew! After all that walking around hung out at home for a bit and got ready for our next delicious meal! After all this was my parents 39th wedding anniversary! They love Bida Manda so we got reservations and went to town! We had a great server, Laura who gave us her recommendations and convinced us to order it all! My mom and I both got the Tom Ka Gai soup and my dad ordered the Spring Rolls. We then split the Caramelized Ginger Pork Ribs which just fell right off the bone and were seasoned to perfection. There was a good ginger taste but you could still taste the meat which is something you don't always get. We shared the Green Papaya Salad with Duck Breast and it was way better than I thought it would have been. It had a nice crunch to it and the duck was delish! We also enjoyed the Beef Larb served in the traditional way and it was so good! Larb is not a very appetizing name but it was so tasty and unlike anything I've had before I definitely think everyone should try it. They finished off our meal with desserts since they heard it was my parents anniversary. They served us a Trio plate with Coconut Custard Crisp, Apricot-Tamarind Cobbler and a Chocolate Espresso Creme Brulee. 
 I had a great weekend with these cuties and I wish them many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...