Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Strawberry Cobbler

When my parents came to visit I said I made them a cobbler. Now my grandma probably makes the best cobbler ever, my dad, who is obsessed with chocolate will forgo chocolate for a cherry cobbler. I think part of what makes her cobblers so good is that she grows or used to grow all of her own fruits. Seriously, I have awesome childhood memories of picking berries, potatoes, apples, grapes, and fishing at their farm. I can't share her recipe, mostly because I don't have it but I can share the recipe I used over the weekend. This cobbler is more cakey but still delicious!

Ingredients:
3 cups fresh strawberries
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 cup self rising flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup almond milk
zest of one lemon

Directions:
Clean strawberries and cut into thick slices. Place sliced strawberries in a 9x9-inch glass baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Zest your lemon and sprinkle sliced strawberries with the 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, along with the zest and toss to coat with the sugar, and dot the berries with small pieces of the softened butter.
In a bowl, mix the self-rising flour, 3/4 cups of granulated sugar, and milk until just combined. Pour batter over the strawberries.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until lightly golden browned and the berries are bubbly.


Adapted from here. Does it count as adapted if I just changed 2 ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...