Friday, August 15, 2014

Charleston: Where we ate

For the most part Mr. Chris and I made our own food, brought our own breakfast, just to keep our costs down. We did need to eat something when we first got there and since our place wasn't ready yet we decided to check out Dellz Deli Downtown. It was delicious! I was looking on Yelp and it had 5 stars out of 54 reviews! I mean you can't get much better than that! I got a Beach Bum and I think Chris got the Tummy Yummy Mahi Mahi Wrap and they were to die for! So good! It was all so fresh and made right in front of us. The place is tiny though! 5 stools! Its a major local late night food stop so I doubt people are really hanging out but since we had no where to go we stayed.

The second place we tried was Xiao Bao Biscuit. It was an old gas station converted to a really cool bar and restaurant. I think we all ordered almost everything on the menu and shared! My favorites were the Okonomiyaki, which was like a cabbage pancake with an egg and pork on top and it was so tasty! It quite literally melted in our mouths. We all also really liked the Samun Phrai which was a huge sausage cut up over a saucy vegetable mix. Being me I almost got the Crispy Duck but I decided to share small plates instead. Chris got a whole fish that was on special and it was so good!

The final place we went was 39 Rue De Jean. Chris was a little skeptical since it's right off the main road and seemed kind of touristy, which I guess it is? But isn't everything if you're close to a main road? I've been there before and I loved it! This time Chris got the Steak Frites, what a boy right? I was steered toward the Scallops Saint Jacques and I was so glad I was! It was very rich but very worth it, however I couldn't bare to eat much more than half it was so rich and heavy.

We also tried Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. We split Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Salty Caramel, and The Milkiest Chocolate in the World. We actually weren't too impressed. We tried several of their more adventurous flavors and  in the end we thought $7.50 was too much for how little we got and it wasn't the greatest ice cream ever. I would say to try it but stick to one flavor that you think you'll really enjoy.

Any place you guys love in Charleston? Where should we try next time we go? I'd love to know your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...