Friday, July 18, 2014

TGIF!! Peter Thomas Roth Skintant Mask Magic Review

Ahhh so glad it's Friday! Yesterday when I was trying to finish my post I was thinking to myself 'what a mess this is!' Sometimes you just need to wipe the slate clean. Much like taking off your makeup at the end of a long day or getting rid of things you no longer need anymore sometimes it's good to just get rid of it. Get rid of the bad thoughts, get rid of self doubt, just forget about it! It just feels so much better to start off clean. After all that frustration one thing that really makes me feel better is the literally clean myself.

When I was a kid and would cry about who knows what, my mom would say to take a shower, then you don't know what are tears and what is just water and I would always feel better after. It's a habit I have to this day! There is something very calming about the bathroom. When I need to collect my thoughts I will go into my bathroom and start mindlessly organizing, getting that small thing accomplished really helps de-clutter my mind. Maybe it's because people leave you alone when you are in the bathroom. (Moms, I know you'll tell me different!)

After a long hard day I like to wash my face and if I'm feeling up to it I'll put on a mask as well. Masks have always been kind to my skin and I think they have really helped in the past month. Seriously, my skin is looking so good if it weren't for my morning zombie routine I would probably go without a BB Cream. maybe. I have really been liking the Peter Thomas Roth Skintant Mask Magic trio. I have tried all three and have really been loving them. I like these because they do not harden like a lot of masks. You simply wash them off easily, so you're not sitting there in your sink trying to scrub a mask off.
Of these three masks I have been liking the Cucumber Gel Mask and the Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Mask the most. These two are more gentle and have really brightened and moisturized my skin. I have only been using them as directed, 7-10 minutes but you can also use them as an intense overnight treatment. I feel like my skin just glows, and is so nice and clear, which is a real confidence boost. These two have calming scents, and neither are overwhelming, they can also be chilled for a more soothing effect.

You can't buy the Pumpkin Enzyme mask individually at Sephora, however this is my least favorite. I do not like the smell. I'm not a huge pumpkin person anyway, so if you like PSL's then you would probably like how this smells. This is the harshest out of the three. It is an exfoliating mask that tingles when you first put it on. You also look slightly jaundice while it does it's magic. It does exfoliate nicely but I would not buy the trio again purely because I don't like the smell of this particular mask.

In the end I think I would just get one of the three but I still can't choose between the rose and the cucumber. I really like that the trio is offered, it gives you a good chance to try all three. I know 1.7 ounces sounds small but I think I could get a solid years worth of masks out of these pots!

What do you like to do to relax? Or collect your thoughts? Where do you go to be alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...