Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye and Cheek Palette

So I have gotten a few looks out of my new Tarte Pallette and I am in love! This guy has everything I need. At first I was thrown off by the 'small' mirror and then did a caparison and it is the same size as my other Tarte blush/bronzer duo, the packaging is just bigger. 
This palette has just about everything you would need for a night out. A nice highlighter, Champagne, a light champagne, a bronzer to deepen, Park Ave. Princess, a lighter toned matte bronzer, and a blusher, Unleashed, a matte nude rose. These all give a more muted and sultry look, a rainforest after dark look.  {lol}
The eye shadows have a good color payoff and aren't chalky, the far left shadow started off chalky but after I got the top layer off it was perfect. From Left to Right the shadows are: Bare to Explore, a matte pink beige, Make a Mauve, a plum mauve with microglitters, Plum Away with Me, a dark brown-purple micro glitter, Up to No Gold, a shimmery gold, Tan-gled Up in You, a matte tan, Don’t Turn A-Brown, a dark matte brown. I wish they would put the names on the pan, but we can't have it all right? The other slight downside to having everything in one palette is you really need to make sure you are concentrating your brushes when you pick up the bronzer and blush, two items you usually use a large brush for, so you don't pick up unwanted eyeshadows! 
{Yep, this is a car selfie because I didn't have time to take one at home!}
I think these colors are all very complimentary to my skin tone. I will say I think the Park Ave. Princess looks much lighter in this palette than it does in my other palette, but looks the same on my skin. So far I have really liked the looks I can make with this guy, and could easily go from day to night with it as well. I love that it is an all-in-one item and would travel so easily. 
So tell me, do you have a Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette? What do you think of it? Will you buy one now? Would you like to see how I go this look? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...