Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lorac Self Tanner Review

As you may have noticed from past Monthly Purchase roundups I bought quite a few fake tanning products and not to worry! I have been using them! Mostly I have been using my Lorac selfTANtalizer Body Bronzing Gradual Self-Tanner because basically it rocks. Seriously, I have gotten so many compliments on my skin and 'oh how tan you are' and 'did you get a lot of time at the pool?' No, because I barely have time to go to the pool and it's not necessary because I have an awesome fake tan! People are always shocked when I tell them I fake tan, I think because of my dark hair and eyes people think I tan at the drop of a hat. Not anymore, sadly. I LOVE this stuff! So without further adieu here is my fake tanning process:

| Shower and exfoliate your whole body - I use Tree Hut Sugar Scrub in Hawaiian Kukui
| Shave girl, you gotta shave | 
| Once dried off I take my mitt and apply about a quarter size amount onto my mitt and buff buff buff! |
| I usually start with my legs and work my way up and add more product as needed | 
| Once the legs are bronzed I rub the remaining product on my feet and between my toes |
| I do my back from here | 
| This takes to most amount of agility and I don't want my tanned arms getting rubbed too much | 
| then onto the torso and arms | 
| of course adding more product as you go/as desired | 
| Don't forget your neck, hands, between your fingers, again, with what remains on the mitt | 
| After a minute or so of drying I change into loose fitting PJs and jump into bed with non-white sheets |
| you don't want your bed to be tan too! | 
| I find this to not have that terrible smell others have, or it just doesn't bother me the way others do | 
| I wear it all the next day as well and then wash it off the following night | 
| of course you can let it set only a couple hours or let it build for longer | 
I find this to be the best I've tried, it has a little shimmer so if you don't like that I wouldn't buy this but it is barely noticeable. It will get splotchy if you don't exfoliate before and use lotion on the following days. Most self tanners are drying to your skin so don't skimp on the moisturizers! The mitt really helps with streaking and keeping your palms from looking like you're from another world! It has an instant color pay off so you know exactly what you are putting where, it does start to look dark but once you wash it off it will even out to a more natural color. When you shower it off don't be afraid to use a loofa but don't heavily exfoliate or all your hard work will be for nothing! I HAVE worn white right after applying this and only the inside where it truly rubbed my skin got tan as well. I would not recommend doing this but it didn't ruin anything so you can take your chances, but I definitely wouldn't sleep on white sheets with this! It doesn't turn my skin orange or green {BareMinerals!} Just a beautiful tan! 
So tell me, do you fake tan? What products do you use? What should I try next!? Do you like Lorac? What do you like about it? Have you used it and hated it? Let me know in the comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...