Thursday, July 31, 2014

Long Boarding extras!

There are a couple extra things you'll want in learning to long board. Since you should be starting off slow a helmet isn't completely necessary but I think they should always be recommended. Pads are a plus if you are worried about falling. Wrist guards, sliding gloves, (if you're going fast) knee pads, elbow pads all can be useful, but again, you shouldn't be going that fast in the beginning so you should be able to just jump off if you get into trouble. One thing you really need though, are closed toed shoes you don't mind messing up. Vans are pretty classic boarding shoes with a thick sole to give you a good foot brake. (I totally begged for Vans as a kid, I guess they were cool unbeknownst to me they were definitely skater shoes. ) Really any thick soled shoe should be solid for a foot brake. There are several good brands, like Etnies, Converse are pretty classic, heck I would even wear Keds! I did most of my browsing at DSW. Who doesn't love a discount? It's actually pretty annoying that not all skate companies sell girls stuff. I have been looking for a backpack with board straps and they only have large boy ones! Ughh! Well below is a roundup of cute shoes and bag I think would work for my style and needs. Let me know what you think!
 {Row 1: Left, Right; Row 2: Left, Right; Row 3: Left, Right; Row 4: Left, Right}
{Top, Bottom}
{Keds}
 {Left, Right}
 {Left, Right}

  {Left, Right}
 {Left, Right}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...