Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blog Face

 I have been exploring some new-to-me blogs lately and I've noticed something. A lot of them have a blog face. What does that mean? To me, it either a Cheshire smile or serious/resting face. Obviously I have no problem with a resting face, that's totally normal, if I saw you on the street that is how you would look. It's that cheesey smile. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with smiling, smiling's the best! We should smile when we want to, but girl, we can tell from the other side of the lens you are not smiling because you want to. You're obviously there to take pictures of your outfit and peace. Or you post a million pictures of yourself having the *best* time but we can't really see your outfit because you are making the weirdest poses. Seriously, some people need to take a page out of Atlantic-Pacific's blog. She only posts 5, MAYBE 6 pictures of herself, and you can clearly see the outfit, she looks like herself, some smiling, some normal. That said, you should do what you want, I'll probably still read your blog, I just want to know if other people notice this.

The OTHER thing I've noticed a lot, a lot, a lot. Overly Photoshopped faces. Guys, we know you don't look like that. Of course there is nothing wrong with hiding a zit or moving those pesky hairs out of the way or making those bags a little lighter, but when you might as well just slap a cartoon face on your body that's where I go a little nuts. Seriously, we want to know what you really look like! Would it be such a crime for us to see your imperfections? Or your nose? Sometimes I swear they Photoshop their face so hard their nose goes away. I feel like the bigger bloggers, the 'more famous' bloggers look like them, yes the best version, but still them and a human. I hope you guys know there is a difference in the pictures below...

 {original}
 {Originally posted here}
{WHO IS THAT!?}

I know I don't have the prettiest skin but the point of my makeup posts is to show what WORKS! Yes, I covered a little eye baggage, nothing was going to cover it that day! And I am obviously wearing makeup, maybe one day I will have the courage to post a makeup less face. But you can still see my pores and imperfections which make me who I am. I mean, if makeup did that to my face that's one thing but makeup technology hasn't come that far yet! Actually my skin does look really good, maybe I should go back to this routine! But I just want to let you know that I would like to try to keep this blog authentic to myself. I also care about what you have to say too. I really hope you will leave comments about what you like and what you would like to see more of in the future. With that said please leave a comment on what you've liked so far and what you want to see in the future! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...