Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Weekend Update: Grad parties; Salsa and Buffalo Chicken Dip

This past weekend Chris and I had several graduation celebrations, one being our sister-in-law who got her Doctorate in Speech Pathology and the third years, now officially, Orthodontists. For our celebration we were asked to bring dips for around 20 people so we decided on a greener one and a creamier one. Chris had been wanting to make his own salsas after I had my salsa extravaganza two weekends before. People went nuts for both so here they are! (Yes, he chopped all of these by hand and didn't use a fast chop, he thinks it just tastes better, after all, I had to introduce him to Orange is the New Black!)

Dr. Chris' Salsa:
20 +/- Campari tomatoes
2 medium red onions
3 Cubanelle Peppers
6 Jalapeno Peppers
1 large bunch Cilantro
4-6 Garlic cloves
2-3 limes

Chop/mince/dice/press/juice to your desired tastes! Add salt if necessary!

Buffalo Chicken Dip:
6 cups cooked shredded chicken
8 oz (1 brick) cream cheese - room temperature
2 cups Greek Yogurt
2 cups Mozzarella cheese (regular shredded moz is usually sold in amounts of 2 cups)
1 cup hot sauce - I use Frank's because it so tasty and they sell it at Costco
1+ cup crumbled bleu cheese
2 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning (equivalent to 1 Hidden Valley Farms dressing packet)
5 Green Onions - diced

I was lazy so I boiled my chicken for about 20 mins. While that was cooking, I combined all my other ingredients (sans green onions) in a large bowl. Once the chicken was cooked through I shredded it thoroughly, so much so people didn't realize there was chicken in it. Then mix with the ingredients in the bowl. I then transferred everything into a large 9x11 Pyrex. I waited to cook mine until the next day. Sprinkle extra bleu cheese and the chopped green onions on top. Preheat oven to 350 F and bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with chips, celery or carrots. 

I know this picture isn't the loveliest but it's the best I got before the wolves got to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...