Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo: Corn Salsa Recipe

I know today is actually Cinco de Mayo but we decided to have everyone over and celebrate on Saturday. I think this is an interesting read, especially today. Very poignant, and as the granddaughter of a Mexican immigrant, very moving. Back to the weekend! We made Carnitas and Carolina style pork tacos and of course they were awesome! I think the biggest side hits were definitely corn salsa and gauc. I mean who doesn't love guac? Thankfully we didn't have any cilantro super tasters attending because they would not have enjoyed themselves. I think cilantro was in everything. 
Here is the recipe for the corn salsa:

10-12 ounce bag frozen corn, cooked, cooled and drained
2 jalapenos, seeded, chopped
1/3-1/2 cup red onion, chopped
3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 limes, juiced
salt, to taste

Combine in a bowl and mix! So easy and it went so fast I would recommend doubling, even tripling the recipe, especially if it will be served on the meal as well!
Side note: Be careful if you're making a lot of this, my fingers are still burning on Monday from chopping so many jalapenos! I'll dish out my guac recipe tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...