Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sample Saturday: Sephora Summerstash Review

I LOVE the Sephora seasonal sample bags. They give you a great opportunity to try a bunch of cult products and some new one's without the full commitment to buying a full size product. Of course you could always go in and request your own samples but I prefer this method. This Sunday we had plans for Mother's Day with the family but they were late enough that I had time to experiment with my new stash! Here are my final faces:
{With the Josie Maran Cheek Gelee on the lips}
{With the OCC Stained Gloss}
I think the lips make a huge difference! 
The set comes with sample sizes of: 
Cosmetic Bag
I also used a sample of Peter Thomas Roth CC Creme for my foundation so I used almost all samples on my face! I can't go without concealer or some brow help!
Stila Eye Shadow, might have been my biggest disappointment, it got clumpy and spotty over the course of the day and even flaked off into my lashes! I will try it again with an eye shadow primer. It's pretty annoying it doesn't come with one since they sell them with one. It was beautiful in the pan and at first application but without a primer I don't think this will have a desired staying power. 
NARS Laguna Bronzer, a cult favorite! I've never used it because I thought it would be too dark, however it is very pigmented but with a light touch a nice bronzy look can be achieved without looking orange or too shimmery. It is about the size of an eye shadow but it packs a punch!
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee, I have heard people RAVE about all the Josie Maran products so I was excited to try this one. This comes in a small pot and feels like hard jello. Since it is a watercolor it is quite sheer so for a blush addict like myself you will want to apply, apply, apply! You can also use this on the lips, as you can see from the first picture it is VERY sheer. 
Deborah Lipmann Nail Laquer, this is definitely one of the best! I've been wearing this since Friday night with no chips and only one coat! It has a rough texture and the glitters make it look opalescent from far away. I will definitely try more Deborah Lipmann laquers in the future.
Makeup Forever Eye Pencil, this guy wasn't as great as I thought it would be. As you can see I put it on my waterline and it did not stay there. I reapplied during the day and the color left something to be desired by way of color payoff. 
OCC Stained Gloss, this looks kind of orangy in the picture but it is more of a glossy bright pink in person. I really liked this and it stayed until I wiped it off during lunch! It left a nice stain on my lips and they didn't feel dry afterward which occasionally happens for me. 
Buxom Divine Goddess Luminizer, this hit pretty middle ground for me. I like to look pretty dewy and this didn't give off the sheen I would normally go for, however, it was nice and subtle and easy to apply. I think this would look really nice on someone with a darker complexion. 
Urban Decay Setting Spray, I already own this and love it! It sets your makeup nicely and does it's job!
Marc Jacobs Mascara, I've heard people RAVE about the Marc Jacobs makeup line so I was really excited to try this out. The formula is quite wet since it is a gel and the brush is a prism shape which gives you a good amount of product distribution. Since it is more wet I found it hard to apply without getting on my lids. I felt like my lashes weren't keeping a curl and I think they started to clump after several swipes. I was left with very black lashes that needed some help. I will try this again to see if actually applying it the way they say to will help. (They say to apply with the wand upright and then swipe as usual.)

Overall this bag was just okay for me. Solid 5 out of 10, hopefully that number will go up after trying everything a couple more times! Have you ever gotten one of these bags before? What did you think? Did this bag work for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...