Thursday, May 22, 2014

What to See, Do, and Eat in Charlotte, NC

I have been asked so often about what to see and do in Charlotte by numerous friends that I figured it would be best, again to not send a million emails but to compile it all here in one post! Without further ado: 


For food and activities uptown: I love me some Pita Pit, I haven't seen one up here! And I used to work in the Hearst Tower so it was a usual stop for me. There are a few places to eat in the EpiCentre that are good but mostly chains,Blackfinn is good and it's also a club at night which can be fun if that's your thing. Mez {Not there anymore! What's there!?} also has really good food and drinks and is also a club at night there is also a move theater in there and Strikecity. For more food there is also Enso and Vida that I like as well. There are several other clubby places in the EpiCenter but the only other one I would dare go to would be Howl at the Moon or Whisky RiverDandelion Market is down the street and is a nice bar to go to as well. During the day you can visit the Mint Museum, the Bechtler, or Discovery Place depending on what they are showing. Rira's is close by and has a rooftop deck. For a little bit nicer places I like MimosaCoco OsteriaLuce, or Aria.

In the Music Factory there are several music venues and restaurants and bars. 

I like to hang out in Plaza Midwood, my favorite thing to do is get pitchers and burgers (regular or black bean are really good!) at The Penguin The Diamond Restaurant and walk across the street to Thomas Street Tavern for drinks, ping pong, and corn hole! Or eat at Philosopher's Stone for corn hole and live music and drinks at Soul Gastrolounge or Snug Harbour. There are a ton of cool shops and vintage around there and art galleries if that's your thing. I like Boris and Natasha'sCentury and Hong Kong are cool for vintage. Cajun Queen is near there as well with some of the best Cajun food I've had! If you go, definitely get the BBQ shrimp appetizer, it's not what you expect but if you like spicy food it's the best! There is also 7th Street Market which has several places to eat and drink inside. 

Then there is NoDa a little more arty than Plaza Midwood but you can't beat Amelies, they are open 24/7 and have delicious pastries and coffee. There is Cabo Fish TacoGrowlers, if you like beer, and Dog Bar, where you can bring a pup if you have one!

There is Dilworth which has a more young professional vibe. When I lived there I went to Nolen Kitchen every Sunday after church and they have a really good happy hour too. It's right next to Selwyn Pub which has good ambiance as well. Around that area is also Bad Daddies if you like burgers they have some of the best, and the sauce they have is really good! I love 300 East for brunch and there are several other cool shops and places to eat over there too!

I would be a terrible sister if I didn't mention Morrison Smith Jewelers on Providence {right by the intersection of Providence and Providence and Queens and Queens} They are the only retailer of Noelle Munoz Jewelry! There is also Fresh over there and the Manor Theater which usually shows limited showing or independent films. 

Near South Park there is Montford Drive: Angry AlesAndrew Blair'sBrazwells, and Duckworths, all good and fun and safe. Pretty chill for the most part. Right by South Park Mall is Zink and CowFish, CowFish sounds gross but it's really good sushi! For brunch over there is Terrace Cafe, also over there are dinner options like Brio, and Del Friscos. I think South Park has some of the best shopping around and in the summer they have lots of events on the lawn.

If you want to do something outside you can go up to the National White Water Center, which I love to go to and has great food! Chris and My brother in law like to go-kart up at Victory Lane. There is Speed Street in the summer and Taste of Charlotte, Alive After Five every Thursday in the summer. There is Crowders Mountain for hiking and climbing, and so many other things I'm sure I forgot so if you have anything to add or neighborhoods I forgot please let me know! I know I don't have Ballentyne covered, there are cool areas around South Blvd. {Who couldn't get lost in Sleepy Poet?} and South End {Mac's!} Everything at the Metropolitan! Please let me know what I forgot!! I have a feeling there will be edits to this guy later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...