Thursday, May 15, 2014

Book Club: Quinoa Salad Recipe

I know, I know I've been posting a lot of recipes but I'll hopefully have a good fashion wish list for you tomorrow! But for now I haven't been able to resist my quinoa salad. I made this for my book club last night and everyone loved it and I think they appreciated having something healthy on their plates. So here we go!

You'll need:
1 Cup uncooked quinoa
1 Can Black Beans (15.5 oz)
1.5 cups cooked corn (10-12 oz)
1.5 Cups sweet tomatoes - halved
1 red pepper - chopped
5 green onions - diced
1/2 cup cilantro - minced

Dressing:
1/3 Cup EVOO
1 teaspoon Cumin
2 Garlic cloves - pressed/minced
2 limes - juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
+additional spiced oil

Directions: 
Bring the quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil, once at a roiling boil turn down heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. All the water should be absorbed and the quinoa should be soft. In a large bowl combine ingredients for the dressing and whisk. Once quinoa is down to roughly room temperature combine all ingredients in the large bowl. Make sure the dressing thoroughly covers everything. Enjoy!

I really like this healthy salad, you can change this around in so many ways! Switching out corn/beans/cilantro/lime for olives/feta/cucumbers/pine nuts/lemon or edamame/peanuts/curry paste/carrots. PLUS Mr. Chris likes it too, for a WHOLE MEAL! Well, lunch, but it keeps him full til he gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...