Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekend Roadtrip

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend, and that you got to enjoy the little bit of sunshine we got on Sunday! Chris and I went back home to see our family's for Easter. I don't know about you, but I think riding in the car is one of the best ways to connect with people. After all, you are pretty much trapped with that person until you reach your destination. I know I have previously written about how to distract yourself or keep yourself awake during those long hours, but just having the opportunity to talk to someone without any real distractions is such a blessing. I love still getting to know my husband and learning about that weird things you think of during those long hours on the road. I used to drive to work with my dad and even though our drives were pretty short it was always a nice opportunity to catch up with him in a way I wouldn't have been able to at home or really anywhere else. 
{Me in college, don't worry, I'm not actually driving}
One of the sad things about getting a car in college is that I missed out on driving with someone else and getting to know them, their car quirks, what music they like, what their families are like, what stories they have to tell. I remember a few four hour drives to and from Wilmington that I really got to know my friends, and friends of friends and just the relationships between them. 
{He bought it for $600!}
Cars are interesting things, they have so much value, they give you so much freedom, so many memories. My brother-in-law asked me to ask my dad about his first Mustang and that started off so many conversations about cars that weekend. How we felt in certain cars, how they smelled! When I brought up my dad's 280Z to my sister we BOTH talked about how we remembered how it smelled! How many memories we had with different cars, the one we got rear-ended in, the really old one, the inherited one, our first cars, the standard no one besides me could drive. 
{It looked just like this!}
I have to admit this was not originally how this post we going to go but who doesn't like a drive down memory lane? 
What was your first car? What are your car memories? What do you talk about in the car? What is your dream car?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...