Monday, April 7, 2014

Sample Saturday: Smashbox BB Cream Review

I finally did it! I finally had the time and energy and mindset (aka remembering) to use one of my many samples! I decided to try my Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light. Now, I don't really care for Smashbox foundation, I had tried the HD Foundation in light with a Try It Kit and it was too dark and quite orange for my skin tone. But this was a while ago, they have definitely repackaged and may have reformulated since then. It felt very heavy and streaky, even when applied with a beauty blender. I thought the BB Cream would be a bit lighter on the skin, as most BB creams are, so I decided to give it a try. 
I wasn't very pleased with the application. I like to use my clean fingers to apply liquid or cream makeup and this felt greasy and heavy. I did like how the end results were. I definitely had to set it with powder as it had a sheen after I applied it. These pictures were taken after a long day of shopping and lots of trying things on! You can see I could use a touch up to clean up some of the shiny-ness but other than that it held up very nicely. 
Bottom Line: I would give this a 3 out of 5 stars. Good coverage, but heavy application. 

Hope you enjoyed! What should I try next!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...