Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spin Doctor

This is more of a 'love your body' or 'love yourself' post, which I think is definitely worth talking about! After I moved to Charlotte I gained a lot of weight, probably 20-25 pounds. Hey! I didn't have any friends, so food was my friend! I'm not totally what got into me, maybe it was the fact that I was going to Hawaii for my graduation present or the fact that I was going to a beach school for college but something got into my brain that told me I need to get my booty moving! It also helped that my mom decided to invest in a stationary bike. That bike helped me drop whatever extra weight I carried in about 3 months. I was on that thing non-stop! At least an hour a day! It had(s) 8 different resistance settings and I usually did about 10 minutes on each resistance. I read on it, listened to the radio, studied for finals, I was one determined girl!
That was about 8 years ago. I've been able to keep my weight pretty maintained since then, obviously I had some missteps, I mean I was in college 4 of those years! But these memories all came rushing back when I finally went to my first spin class last night. I've heard it's hard, and a lot of people don't like it, it hurts your butt wah wahh. I finally went, got my bike adjusted and rode and rode! My class was 30 minutes of spin and 30 minutes of core work and it was awesome! I'll definitely be going back and now I really want to constantly switch up my routine. Still go to the gym at least 4 days a week but do something different too! If you like to push yourself I think spin is a good option, it's all based on yourself you just have someone guiding you. What work outs are you guys into these days? Right now I'm doing yoga, hip hop core, boot camp and now spin! For some FAQ's head here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...