Tuesday, December 4, 2012

THE FOOD

For this party I wanted to 'take it easy'. For other Noelle Munoz Jewelry parties I have gone all out and made pretty much everything. I love to cook, but it really stresses me out to the point of the party not being very fun! :( I always like to go pretty heavy on the snacks! Just overload with choices! :) So I decided on an array of cheeses, dips, crackers, veggies and a signature drink. And of course everyone's favorite dip! Which was my attempt to make it easy, so I only had to make the dip, drink and oh yeah cookies! I decided to make some chocolate dipped butter cookies. An old favorite from when we lived in Northern Virginia. When it would snow I felt like we always made these and dipped them in chocolate, or left them plain and dipped them in our hot chocolate! I started off making the butter cookies the day before the party since they have to sit for around 4 hours! BUT! They are so easy to make it's worth it! They end up like those cookies you can just cut from a tube. Then I made some white chocolate with peppermint. I just threw a bag of white chocolate chips and 3/4 tablespoons of peppermint extract in a bowl and popped them in the microwave for a minute and then an extra 30 seconds after stirring. It was perfect for tossing my Oreo's in and then putting a little broken candy cane on top. Refrigerate and done! The next day I tried to dip my butter cookies in milk chocolate, the same way I did the white chocolate, and it burned! How do you bring back burned chocolate? Well you put it in a double broiler the way you're supposed to from the beginning constantly stirring and if that doesn't work add cream until it smooths out, and stir stir stir! Fixed! I think that's all I made unless you count my assembly of TBMs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...