Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dinner Last Night

I finally tried my hand at Red Thai Curry! It is one of my favorite meals and my mom used to make it all the time! Of course convincing her to write down what she does is a chore in itself so I attempted my own version. I used this recipe for a base and then went off on my own! Here are my modifications:

  • 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (will use (much) more next time!)
  • 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  • 1 package chicken breasts from Costco, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 cans bamboo shoots
  • 3 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 sliced red peppers
  • Steamed rice, for serving
  • I made these changes mostly because I LOVE bamboo shoots and we just happened to have some leftover slices of red pepper. It turned out really nicely but I personally need a bit more spice in my life! We also felt like it needed salt to bring out the flavor. I would want to put some more veggies in there as well. If you have any suggestions for modifications or you have a great recipe please share it! There aren't really any appetizing pictures of curry so I will spare you this time, but I promise it it delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...