Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Coffee and Tea

It's no secret that I love coffee. I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob but some people seem to think that since I like coffee black I know all about it! Not true! I didn't know what 'bone dry' meant {all foam rather than milk} or what a macchiato was. {Until some obvi research} Macchiato literally means 'marked' so a latte macchiato would be mostly milk 'marked' with a shot of espresso and a regular macchiato is espresso 'marked' with a little milk, which is where you will see the fun designs like this:

The whole point of this post is that I've made a glorious discovery. But first the background: I love Fresh Market coffee, I wish there was a closer one than Towson but I'm grateful for that one either way! My favorite kind is Cinnamon Hazelnut. I've been drinking it for years! I went to restock this weekend when I went to Towson Mall and they didn't have any pre-ground! So I put a little in the grinder and searched for another kind. I found Caramel Macchiato. My life has changed. I love it! I had never even had a caramel macchiato before but I love this coffee. Plus! Since I am so lazy sometimes; I had some left over coffee and decided to try a little experiment. Since the one 'fancy' thing I order is a mocha I thought I would try to make my own. I poured a 1/2 cup of old {gross right?} coffee in a cup and stirred in hot chocolate mix and filled the rest with hot water. The result: husband running down the stairs demanding 'What is this magic!?' Mister usually doesn't like hot chocolate but he loooooves this! {He also used to not like coffee either!} I thought I would share this treat with all you coffee and mocha lovers since it stirred quite the excitment in our house. Happy Hump day friends! Stay awake!

xo,

m
p.s. here is a little diagram to help you to know what's what...cred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...