Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day friends! I hope you all have a wonderful day no matter what your relationship status says! It's funny seeing how people dress for holidays. I know you're supposed to wear green on St. Patrick's Day or else be pinched but on Valentines Day it's a whole other game! The streets are flooded in color! For once! Everyone wants to wear pinks and reds and it's so exciting! It feels like spring should be just around the corner rather than near freezing temperatures for the next few weeks {months}.

Last night I made White Chocolate Raspberry Scones for Mister and I am enjoying them so much! I gave a couple to my office Valentines and I hope you enjoy this Valentine treat!

Pre-heat oven to 375.

Mix: 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 6 tsp baking powder, & ½ tsp salt.

Then cut in ¾ cup cold butter {I might even cut it up then freeze for a few minutes before} mix all of that really well so it ends up looking like a coarse meal. {Or if you have a food processor that might work even better!}

Mix in 1 cup {maybe a little extra} of small white chocolate chips. {I used Ghirardelli}

In a small bowl mix 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 cup milk. With your dry mixture in the bowl make a small mountain and then place your hand in it the make a little pool for the milk and vanilla. {Like a volcano} I think this is easier to just use your hands to get an even mixture into the dough. Then knead the dough till the milk and vanilla mixture is evenly distributed. Then add 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries to the dough. You can roll out the dough and cut like a usual scone or you can make smaller balls like I did.
BEFORE!
Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes {I only did 20.} The recipe I followed said it made 18 small scones but I'm pretty sure we have at least 2 dozen. Also, take off your rings to knead! Definitely needed to take a toothbrush to my ring afterwards! :) So enjoy with a glass of milk, cup of coffee and someone you love! Happy Valentine's Day!

AFTER!

xoxo,

m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...