Monday, February 20, 2012

Parents in Pigtown

My parents finally decided to grace us with their presence this weekend. I was so excited to have them come up for a few days! Unfortunately my dad had to work in DC for part of the time, but that just forced us to spend time in old DC. On Saturday Mom and I decided we wanted to go to Georgetown since we would be near there anyway. So we picked Dad up from our office and headed to the shops! Lots of other people had the same plan. But it was still fun! After a long day at the shops we headed back to Baltimore for a delicious dinner at Vino Rosina. And treated ourselves to a few flights and desserts! Dinner was wonderful Mom and I had the duck, (which I rarely pass up!) Chris had the lamb burger and Dad had the scallops. So wonderful and the perfect portions! No leftovers but I was still fully but not painfully so. The perfect way to end the day.
On Sunday I walked them all over Baltimore, Inner Harbor and Harbor East. They were so taken aback by how much it has changed since we lived in Northern Virginia, they couldn't believe it! We stopped at Lebanese Taverna for lunch and it was delectable as well! I love Lebanese/Persian/Middle Eastern food so much, and this was just right! I love the strong tastes of everything and sharing a couple kabobs was just what we needed after our long walk. Mister and I made dinner for them that night so we could stay in and they could watch the finale of Downton Abbey and get me hooked in the process! On Monday, I wanted to walk them around Mount Washington and take them to the Tavern but it burned down! Obviously I hadn't been there in a while! But Crepe Du Jour was open so we treated ourselves to a little french cuisine! :) By then it was time to take them to the airport and our weekend of nomming had to end! I hope you had a fulfilling weekend as well!

xo,

m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...