Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

I love the beginning/end of the year. Mostly because every news outlet creates lists of the top anything from that year. I found a list of the top 15 most stylish music videos of the year on fashionista.com. Which I love because it combines three of my favorite things, music, fashion styling, and lists. I have to say I completely agree with some of their choices but some I either can't get through the music or I don't think they are stylish at all.
On my favorites list are Lana Del Rey's 'Video Games' music and style. I love her voice and those lips! Priscilla Presley anyone? Who doesn't love music videos that look like home videos? Oh Land, 'White Nights' music! Her voice is hauntingly beautiful, old and new and man can that girl dance! White Nights really shows her off, I love her other videos too.
I disagree with Rihanna's 'S&M', I'm more of an 'Only Girl (In The World)' girl. Beyonce's 'Run the World'stylish yes, I may have chosen 'Countdown' over it only because it's classic styling.
Nicki Minaj, 'Super Bass', agree because I just love her, a lot of that has to be because of these girls!
Adele's 'Someone Like You'. Paris, Moschino. Need I say more? A little boring but beautiful nonetheless.
Best Coast, 'Our Deal' is so cool! It was directed by Drew Barrymore, and it features some of hot young Hollywood's new starlets. One problem? The full video is like 10 minutes long!
Florence and the Machine, 'Shake It Out' homegirl is pretty much kickass. Also is she ten feet tall or what? That's it.
They round out the list with Duran Duran's 'Girl Panic', like ten beautiful classic bombshell super models, where is there to go wrong? It's awesome and a total throw back I love it.
They have two Lady Gaga songs on the list and I don't know if I would peg her as stylish but I love her music, I'm starting to be over it. There are only so many antics one can stand before it all just starts to get old.
Kanye West, who I really can't stand. I don't think he is creative or inventive with his songs. Oh also he is super arrogant and an ass hat. That too. But I do have to say, dude's got some man style.
Kreayshawn, 'Gucci Gucci' which I think is hilarious, I love the video and her personal style is just too much for words, a bit of an Amy Winehouse knockoff though. But I think she knows a little something about knockoffs based on her songs ;)
Washed Out, 'Eyes be Closed'? Really? This is barely a music video. Skip.
Rye Rye, 'New Thing' catchy tune, but I've never liked resort wear.
Check out this site, it has great articles and welds a ton of fashion inspiration if your are looking to do a little overhaul. Love it!
xo,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...