Thursday, September 1, 2011

Part II of Excuses

I totally forgot the other reasons why I stopped blogging for a while! There are three to be exact: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay, all by Suzanne Collins. I got turned on to these books because I'm a huge nerd and love Harry Potter. How are these connected you may ask? Well I'm such a nerd I listen to the Harry Potter Podcast; Mugglecast. Still, what does that have to do with The Hunger Games? Mugglecast is sponsored by Audible and they recommend readers of Harry Potter to The Hunger Games. I heard this numerous times before I finally gave and checked it out from the library. (I was probably 124 on the list!) I read it and literally could NOT put it down. I read it everywhere, maybe a couple times at work! Suzanne Collins is a master of cliff hangers! Every chapter ended forcing you to want more. I immediately put myself on the list for the second and third books. I devoured them.


The Hunger Games Trilogy follows Katniss Everdeen in her battle to survive in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are like a sick reality show out in by the government of what used to be the United States. They choose 2 'tributes' from each District (there are 12 districts) a boy and a girl representing each. In the games the tributes are forced to battle to the death, the last man standing wins more food and glory for the district they represent. But there are several twists, aren't there always? I would say more but it is so much better if you just read them! I'm even more excited since there is a movie coming out next year and it's being filmed in NC about an hour north of my house in Charlotte! I got the husband to read them and he's totally hooked too! Let me know if you read them, or if you have any good recommendations for books! Right now I'm reading Scott Westerfelds The Uglies Series, which, so far is really good too! GO OUT AND READ!


Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...