Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Organized Chaos

Since Chris and I lugged so much stuff up to Baltimore we had to make time to unpack and find a place for it all. It's so stressful to me to have things laying out when they have a place, even more so when you have to find a place for those things to go. We have found places for the giant pile of things that were laying in the middle of our living room/entrance, but the little things still need homes. I came home to find my wonderful husband had already moved one of our big heavy chairs to the 3rd floor to make room for our vintage trunk/blanket holder/drink table,

We are trying to get more organized since we are having our first sleepover guest on Friday! Otherwise it would be a slower, more relaxed process. Luckily, anything will be better than what Ira, our guest, experienced last time he visited Chris. He slept on the floor! No sleeping bag, no nothing! We have a guest room we have been struggling with. We don't have enough closet space anywhere, so our excess clothes, shoes and purses have lived in the guest room. It will be quite a process but hopefully, we will figure it out. I will let you know how it goes. And of course any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This is what it looked like before the second move:
We need some serious wall interest and I really don't like the carpet or the built-in that I don't want to show in pictures. We need lighting. There are no lights in pretty much our whole house! Oh, first world problems!
I'll take more pictures after Ira has left, so you can see what we did. Ugh, I wish I had a decorating allowance, I would probably just hire someone from The Container Store to organize, but then I would only end up with four shirts, a jacket and a ton of socks! Have you ever noticed that there are never a normal amount of clothes in their adds? How hard would it be to organized when you only own 2 and a half outfits? Happy organizing! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...