Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Update

There were a lot of “supposed to’s” this weekend. On Friday I was supposed to go to a concert at Power Plant Live! to see The Amish Outlaws but it started to rain so we had friends over and drank on the deck instead. We were supposed to go into DC for a party given by one of my best friends but Irene gave us other plans. I didn’t think it would be a big deal but the news kept comparing it to Isabel from 2003, I was in NOVA then and it was really bad! So I figured we should play it safe and stay a home. WRONG! Outside of a little wind a rain Irene gave me nothing to fear. Is it odd that I’m kind of upset there wasn’t anything more? If I’m going to miss a party it had better be worth it! We did a lot of cleaning, eating, laundry, cooking, watching TV, eating, online shopping, eating and cooking instead.
On Sunday it was beautiful, we laid out on the deck and read. I swept up our patio from our awful crabapple tree. And Chris checked out the electricity on my car so we can hook up a trailer hitch to my car to go to Charlotte this weekend!!! We tried to go to the gym to make up for all the laziness and eating from Saturday but it was closed! We had a little home-gym session instead!
We made this super easy and delicious pasta twice because it is so stinkin’ easy and yummy! First you want to start boiling the water for the pasta.
Chop some tomatoes: Layer on some chopped olives: Add some fresh mozzarella (or shredded): A dash of olive oil, pepper and salt… The water should be at a boil now so add your pasta. When that’s done to your liking put it on top of your ingredients and enjoy! (We usually end up adding more pasta to our bowls mid-way through because there are so many olives and tomatoes!)
Cheers to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...