Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Update

On Friday Chris and I went to a sing-a-long Jamboree at our friends Chris and Shelley's apartment. Of course lots of drinks were had, the drink of the night was a Toasted Almond. Delish! And we all munched on appetizers of drunken pineapple, home-made macaroni and cheese and of course, crab dip!Saturday was gorgeous so we utilized our rooftop deck and sunned before we made our way to Harbour East for some afternoon shopping. We perused several shops and fawned over several puppies before we found Amaryllis. Amaryllis is an awesome jewelry store full of unique hand crafted jewelry. So of course I had to ask them how they found their jewelers because MY SISTER is a jeweler too. I happened to be talking to one of the owners who was very sweet and we exchanged cards so hopefully I can see some NMJ in Baltimore! :) Speaking of Noelle put up buying buttons on her website today!!! So exciting! We went several other places but were slightly disappointed. Harbour East is cute to walk around but we ended up going to the Harbor for a little H&M action! I bought a gray work skirt which they don't feature online, but it's a gray pencil skirt with a sweet black belt with a bow clasp. Chris helped me pass on the lace number and the khaki (that I wanted in navy) skirt.
The lace shirt is a little too short, but could be so cute tucked into a high waisted skirt...maybe if it goes on sale! And the skirt wasn't great quality and the pockets were in an odd place for my body. Why did I not take pictures!?
That night we treated ourselves to an old favorite: A BLT salad with chicken instead of steak and what turned out to be Old Bay baked chips instead of thick potato slices. Whatever, it was delicious!
Sunday we went to the Baltimore Farmers Market with Chris and Shelley and our friend Kristin. It wasn't very nice out so I didn't take any pictures. :( It was very rainy here so Chris and I decided we were done with our chores and took naps. :) I was feeling a little homesick so I made a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for my office. It turned out perfectly...
I used this recipe without the dark rum and cardamom. (because we didn't have any)! I'm making another one tonight because Chris was sad he didn't get any! :)



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...